Thursday, January 14, 2010

Delhi City and Me

It has been quite a scary and harrowing experience for me. When I say "I don't like Delhi”, I am not the first person saying this, there are many others who would agree to this. My family is staying in Delhi for 6 years now. When I was doing my B.Tech. in Chandigarh, I used to come over here during my vacations. But never in my wildest dreams had I thought that I would work here.

In Chandigarh, we never used to travel by bus neither did we have any frequent traffic blocks. But in Delhi, this is a everyday thing!!! It was July, last year that I relocated to Delhi for my new job. During my early days here, I used to cry in the bus because it took so much time to reach home. Daily 5 hours of my day goes in travelling. That’s mathematically one-fifth of your life goes in travelling... Just imagine!!! What make the worse is that, there is so much rush in the bus. There is hardly any place to even stand. But now I seem to be enjoying this because it makes me realize what life is all about. This city has taught me one thing – the struggle that we do to find a place in the bus closely resembles the struggle that we do in real life for survival.

Our days start with running and ends with running. In between we hurt so many people, but do we realise this? Life has become a marathon!!! Our lives changes dramatically once we shift from college life to corporate life - where it simply means "survival for the fittest". I also feel that in "corporate life" we do not have time for ourselves. Just like any other people residing in Delhi, I have never visited India Gate, Lal Quila etc. People come to visit these places from abroad. I simply don't have time. I believe the people reading this blog would agree to this. If anybody has any different opinion, please let me know!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have readed ur lifes story..& you saying right…. life like a marathon..every person want to Ist position…… ONly Ist Positin....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the Delhi.

    ReplyDelete