Thursday, January 14, 2010

heart touching story

In everybody’s life, a moment comes when one realizes there are some things more important in life than just money, success and other worldly pleasures. One such moment came when I was pursuing my B. Tech in Chandigarh. My college was situated in a very remote location. One day it was raining very heavily and I had no means to go. So, I decided to stay in the room. Later I went to the market to buy some food for me. Just nearby the market there was big ground. My heart stopped beating for a moment when I saw the condition of the people in that ground. In the ground some poor people used to stay and because of heavy rain the ground was flooded with water, their tents and beds were all wet. There were so many little children and women. The men there were looking so helpless. I wish, I could have done something for them.

I thanked God that day several times as to how lucky I was, for giving me such wonderful parents who gave me so much love and a home to stay. I also believe that one should not feel jealous and be unhappy looking at people who are superior to you in money wise. It does mean that you are satisfied with whatever you get, we should try to excel in life in whatever we do. But sometimes take a moment to help those who are downtrodden and poor, like the people who were on the ground that day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeh , same here.whenever I looks the same situations then I feels really helpless coz that time I want to help to them...but :(

    Yeh, But we caN DO thing..Just wish for all them.... :)

    ReplyDelete